InspectDetect can provide an independent pre-purchase electrical inspection with our certified electrical contractor to provide you with an electrical inspection report.
Electrical inspections are increasingly popular particularly in pre purchase of dwellings, faulty electrical installations can be dangerous and costly to repair, people are finding it prudent to conduct an electrical inspection as part of their pre purchase inspections as electrical is not covered under a standard pre purchase building inspection.
An electrical inspection can identify:
- The condition and suitability of the switchboard and mains cabling
- Testing safety switches and identify if property meets current standards
- If any electrical circuits is overloaded
- Reveal electrical hazards and check ceiling space for insulation dangers
- Identify non compliant eg do it yourself home handyman work
- Highlight any lack of bonding or earthing
- Appliance testing
- Check and test for energy efficiency
The report uses a Nesco multifunction tester within calibration period.
Method of inspection is a visual room by room, operational and measuring equipment test. Examples of items tested are Earthing, Switchboard and Sub boards, general wiring, electrical fittings.
Electrical test to hot water system *note this does not deal with plumbing issues with hot water system.
Inspection also inspects light fittings, ceiling fans, power outlets, kitchen appliances and smoke alarms.
Any plumbing to above items are not tested and a plumbing inspection is recommended.